OnePlus finally revealed their first almost bezel-less flagship smartphone OnePlus 5T. Low light camera performance and Face Unlock are the new key features OnePlus are boasting about. This time, OnePlus goes after Apple’s iPhone X with face unlock, which the company says will work with 99 percent accuracy so long as it can see your eyes and nose.
At a glance
OnePlus 5T hardware specs:
- 6-inch AMOLED screen, 18:9 ratio display
- Dual 16-megapixel and 20-megapixel rear cameras that focus on low-light and portrait photography
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Up to 8GB RAM
- Face unlock (not secure enough for mobile payments)
- Fingerprint reader
- Slider button on side controls notifications
- 3.5 millimeter headphone jack
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat (Android 8.0 Oreo beta will come in late December)
OnePlus promises the phone to have their best camera ever and complements it with better EIS on 4K and great low-light photo clarity.
Like other OnePlus phones, the 5T runs a relatively clean version of Android — called OxygenOS — that doesn’t throw a lot of extra apps and skins on top of the software. OnePlus claims this gives phone owners up to 20 percent greater power efficiency.
$499 USD 64GB
$559 USD 128GB
OnePlus 5T launches on Nov 21.