Nowadays, as uncertainty and anxiety are at an all-time high due to the COVID 19 situation. You might find yourself munching on unhealthy junk foods. So here’s a super easy healthy alternative full of essential nutrients.
Beetroot is a great source of potassium, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, fiber, iron, and vitamin C.
Recipe: Crunchy Beetroot Chips
Ingredients: You will need two beetroots.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Peel them.
- Cut them into thin slices (using a slicer is recommended)
- Use paper towels to pat dry the beetroot slices, then lay them flat on another paper towel to dry completely. This will take 10 -20 minutes.
- After the slices are dry to touch, put all of them in a bowl and add half a spoon oil ( completely optional) and mix them properly. If u don’t want to add oil, then dry the slices for 5-10 minutes only.
- Here you have two options, you can either mix salt/chaat masala, etc before cooking the slices or after. Completely depends on you, they will taste good, either way.
- Let’s say you added little oil and some masala to your slices, after mixing use an air fryer to fry them but remember to spread them and not let them overlap. Make in small batches. You can use a microwave or an oven also to bake.
- Now keep checking and you can turn them once during the process. In an air fryer, it will roughly take you 10 – 15 minutes per batch. They should be crispy.
- If u didn’t add salt or any masala before, you can add it later and enjoy your healthy snack!
Voila! your tasty and healthy snack is ready.
Just be cautious of the amount of time you fry or bake them according to the crispiness you need. You can store them in an airtight container but they will lose their crunchiness with time.
This is a great snack for fussy eaters and people who are not fond of eating them raw. There are other ways to consume beetroots such as in the form of juice or pickle.
Beetroot has also been linked to reducing blood pressure in hypertensive people.